Approved Forward Looking Engagement Plan
Gold Terra maintains a Forward Looking Engagement Plan (FLEP). It is updated by Gold Terra and approved by the MacKenzie Valley Land and Water (MVLWB) prior to each land use permit (LUP) application or amendment.
The FLEP has two parts.
- The first identifies the types or levels of activities by Gold Terra that will trigger engagement, the type of engagement, and the content of the engagement.
- The second is the list of impacted stakeholder groups with which Gold Terra will engage.
Gold Terra maintains Engagement Logs. The logs track contacts, engagement, issues, and resolutions. The logs are submitted to and approved by the MVLWB prior to each LUP application or amendment. Gold Terra averages 5-10 engagement events a day ranging from e-mails and phone calls to community meetings.
Before reaching the threshold trigger points in the FLEP, Gold Terra aims to interact both frequently and with more information than required by the FLEP. Gold Terra's FLEP includes approximately 50 stakeholder groups and consists of a broader range of stakeholders than most exploration companies. These include:
- The City of Yellowknife
- Yellowknives Dene First Nations Government
- Tłı̨chǫ Government
- North Slave Metis Alliance
- The GNWT Department of Lands
- The GNWT Industry Tourism and Investment
- The GNWT Department of Infrastructure
- Six education and training organizations
- Five organized recreational and trail user groups
- Cabin owners
- Chambers of Commerce
- Chamber of Mines